We are thrilled to invite you to apply to exhibit in our in-person Artfest Kingston event at City Park on Canada Day Weekend.
It has been a long two seasons with no summer events. We are raring to go!
Artfest is Kingston's favourite summer event with local and visiting artists from across Canada coming to town. Kingston is a beautiful City with a lot to offer. It is guaranteed to be a memorable weekend. We invite you to APPLY for the show.
APPLICATIONS ARE STILL OPEN
The Artfest Show Application Guidelines 2022
Artfest Kingston July 1-3, 2022 OPEN January 1st.
For NEW Artfest Kingston Artist Applications: If you are a resident of Kingston and are applying to exhibit at Artfest for the first time, you may be eligible for a $100 bursary as part of our COVID 19 recovery support. The $100 will be applied towards the show fee balance following a successful jury acceptance.
Booth Fees 2022
Artfest Kingston Summer July 1-3, 2022 Canada Day Weekend (3-days)
- (10x10) - $420 + $54.60 HST = $474.60
- (10x15) - $625 + $81.25 HST= $706.25
- (10x20) - $840 = $109.25 HST= $949.20
- Food Trucks - $575 + $74.75 HST Application Opens January 15th
Only Canadian handmade products will be considered for exhibiting. Artfest Shows are juried art and craft shows. Only the finest artists and artisans offering original work (prints of original works are acceptable) will be invited to exhibit.
Acceptable product categories include: visual art, body care, clothing, glass, fashion accessories, gourmet food, jewellery, leather, painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, textile art, toys, wood, and other.
- A WHITE TENT (your own or rented) is required
- There are a very limited number of booth spaces with electricity available with an additional $125 fee
- Two different product categories are permitted in one booth
- You must have Event Liability Insurance naming Artfest Ontario as Additionally Insured
- Complete the online application form (link is below)
- A $100 plus HST deposit is required and must accompany your online application.
- PayPal or Interac Transfer (etransfer) are accepted. If your application is not successful, your deposit will be refunded after March 1, 2022
- Submit 5 digital photographs of your product plus a booth photo by email (see details below)
- The jurying process is ongoing until the application deadline and continues if a product category is not filled. You will be notified about your application status as soon as is possible. We recommend that you submit your application EARLY
- Successful applicants will be notified by email. You are required to submit your show fee balance promptly (within 14 days) of the jury notification to secure your exhibit space. Your space will be re-assigned if we do not receive your payment promptly
Submitting Your Photos
- All applicants must submit 5 photos and plus a booth design photo or proposed drawing
- Photo Size Requirements: resolution 300dpi and a minimum size 500-1000 px wide X any length
- These images will be used for the jury process. If your application is successful they will be also be used for your exhibitors profile, social media and promotion
- Email your LABELED (Your Company Name and Product Title) images as ATTACHMENTS and type in the Subject line: Artfest Kingston 2022 Application Images
- email images to Lory: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Equipment (reserve here)
- 10x10 White Tent ($250 + $32.50 HST = $282.50) waterproof heavy duty steel frame tent, 4 walls, installed, staked
- 10x20 White Tent ($400 + $52.00 HST = $452.00) waterproof heavy duty steel frame tent, 4 walls, installed, staked
- Table 8ft long and 30" wide. ($25 plus HST $3.25 = $28.25)
- Table 6' long and 29" wide. ($20 plus HST $2.60 = $22.60)
- Table 5' Round. ($25 plus HST $3.25= $28.25)
- White Plastic Patio Chair Kingston 22. ($8.00 plus $1.04 = $9.04)
- Plastic folding chair ($5 plus $0.63 HST = $5.63)
- Food Trucks and Fresh Food makers are eligible to apply for the Kingston Summer Show
- A City of Kingston Food Truck License is required (approx. $232)
- Your booth fee of $575 includes a flexible space size and three 110V power circuits.
- If you require 240V electrical service there will be a $250 fee
- Artfest is seeking a variety of food categories for the food area.
Food Truck Applications Open on January 15, 2022
- Move in and set up is June 30, 2022 from 9am-6pm
- This festival is FREE admission
- Show hours are 10am - 6pm Daily
- There is overnight security
- Rental equipment is available: waterproof tents, tables, chairs, linens
- A very limited numbers of spaces with hydro are available in a designated area. There is an additional fee of $125 plus HST
- Parking is close by
- Hotel discounts and options are available below
- There is no WiFi in the park
- ATM machines are on site
- There is a Food Truck area
- There are public washrooms and portable washrooms onsite
- Event Liability Insurance is available from Ferrari & Associates
- Confederation Place Hotel $169 per night (limited rooms available) 613-549-6300
- St Lawrence College Residence
- Queens University Residence
- Kingston Hotels: Full List
- Camping: 1000 Islands/Kingston KOA Holiday 613-546-6140
- Camping: Rideau Acres Campground 613-546-2711
- More Accommodation Deals coming soon
Show Payments Schedule
A $100 (plus HST) deposit is required when you submit your application (unless you have an Artfest Show Credit on file).
Successful applicants will be notified by email following the adjudication process. A secure payment processing link will be included in that email. You are required to submit the balance of your show fee payment within 14 days to secure your exhibit space. Please pay promptly or your exhibit space will be re-assigned. You may pay by PayPal or Interac Transfer (etransfer) to email@example.com or cheque.
Artfest Show Credits
If you have an Artfest Show Credit on file, it can be used for the Kingston July 1-3, 2022 show. An account statement will be emailed to you that will include an invoice if there is an outstanding balance for the show. All artists MUST submit a show application this year, even if you were previously accepted into the 2020 show. Your jury acceptance is guaranteed and will be processed swiftly.
Show Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Submitting an Artfest Show application form confirms and acknowledges that you have read and agree to the following:
EXHIBITOR’S RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, EVENT AGREEMENT AND INDEMNITY. Artfest Ontario, a division of Lory Macdonald Productions Inc. will have the right to terminate this agreement without notice if, in our opinion, the exhibitor breaches this contract in any way. If the exhibitor causes harm, property damage, is found to be objectionable to other vendors, or the public, or exhibits material not covered by the contract.
The exhibitor agrees that to exhibit is entirely at his or her own risk, including theft, personal injury, property damage, lack of anticipated sales or inventory damage due to weather or any other cause. Artfest is not responsible or liable if an event is cancelled for reasons beyond its control including, but not limited to extreme weather, terrorist threats, pandemic closures, evacuation, acts of God: earthquake, flooding, tornado, hurricane etc.
Event Liability Insurance is required for $2,000,000 naming Artfest Ontario as Additionally insured.
No exhibitor shall pack up before the official closing of the show, without prior permission from the show producer Lory MacDonald. Artfest reserves the right to publicize and advertise at our discretion. We reserve the right to use any photographs or part of images or video sent to us or taken during the event of you, your products, your staff for the purposes of any Artfest promotion in any media in the future including the Artfest website, TV, radio or print or internet. We reserve the right to use any photographs that you submit for promotion. Artfest Ontario is not responsible for errors or omissions in any published material in print or digital formats, radio or television media.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
This is a juried art & craft show. If you are not selected to exhibit at the event, a full deposit refund will be issued. If your application is approved for the show, you will be required to pay the balance of the show fee. There will be no refunds after March 31, 2022.
In the unlikely event of a show cancellation due to reasons beyond our control such as disasters of any kind, acts of God, Governmental decree, fire or other calamity, by any natural disaster, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority, pandemics, or any cause beyond its control, Artfest Show Credits will be available.. If you currently have an Artfest Show Credit on file from 2020, your credit will be forwarded to the next Artfest event. Artfest is not liable or responsible for any additional expenditures or loss of sales revenue incurred by any exhibitor.